5/8/08

SPEAKING OF GARAGES....

Frame and cinder block garages and the occasional asbestos shingle are standard on St. Louis south side. Of course my two car garage is brick but I haven't done a photo of it. Yet.

Some garages were built with warmth and talent like this precious gem a block down from my home.
Hand made wood corbels painted baby blue. I'm not taking off points for the asbestos shingles due to the artistry of construction.

I'm charmed by the piece of metal that was added to the top of the service door. My neighbor made one of those for my garage door to prevent the rain from rotting the top.

Brick garage with a stand of bamboo:

Brick and cinder blocks:

Low tech folding doors (I have these!)

Rotting:

These garages were built on the angle that follows the houses on a gently curved street.

No comments: