10/15/21

Cheap Sleeps

Wow!
A variation on this building appeared in my dreams years ago. It was called Cheap Sleeps and it was a business I operated with my business partner, J Depp. Yeah, that guy.
The structures on its sides were sleeping chambers in my post nuclear landscape dream.
It was a recurring dream.
I owned the business with Johnny who I hated and thought of as a slacker. I had to maintain the building.
In my dream it was a cor-ten steel structure shaped like a silo with cigar shaped sleeping chambers attached.
It had a lift inside and people could rent it for 9 hours.
It had a blue neon sign that proclaimed, Cheap Sleeps.
I love how my brain works when I'm not thinking!
And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!
Not my photo of the Shizuoka Press and Broadcasting Center by architect Kenzo Tange was built in Tokyo, Japan in 1967.

No comments: