11/19/22

Nathan's home on the River

I drove down to look at the river which is where I met Nathan a while ago. I smelled a camp fire and disovered his house. We chatted. I was excited by his skills and resourcefulness. His house defines 'upcycle'. He also built the fence.
I asked him if he needed any cash and after many moments he said yes. I pulled out a handful of one dollar bills from my bag.
There was a brief silence and then I said, I am NOT a stripper!
He heartily laughed.
I returned today with several filled totes, a suitcase, and a backpack.
He was outside working on the place when I pulled up. I called to him, he waved and started over to the car. As I pulled out a suitcase from the trunk I announced I was moving in.
He heartily laughed.
I lived on the Streets for three months when I was 15. I also hitchhiked cross country during that time in 1969. It was an adventure I wouldn't want to repeat.

No comments: