8/11/21

This morning's Ikebana

I've praticed Ikebana weekly for 35 years during the warmer months.
Ikebana means Living Sculpture and I'm obsessed with it. I've a huge vintage Ikebana book collection and some outrageous containers from the 40s and 50s. Ikebana from 50s Japan was mind blowing!
Ikebana is an assist with creativity, something I can't ever turn off. I recommend it for anyone making sculpture. Especially free standing pieces. It provides order. It should be taught in art classes so students can develop balance and movement.
I'm not overtly happy with this amaryllis Ikebana. I will rework it tomorrow morning with fresh material.
Always cut your source in the early mornings.
These aren't upside down. I had cut the flowers from the stems. However, the presentation needs a rework with a larger kenzan and a different container.

No comments: