9/17/07

HOW TO KILL CURB APPEAL & OFFEND YOUR NEIGHBOR

Hi.

I'm your neighbor that lives up the street. Thrice a week I pass your building and am writing to express my distress about 1) the painted steps, 2) the horrid repointing on the (once) outstanding porch. The only thing pretty in this photo is the back of Beaus' head (note he's looking away from the steps. That's my boy.)

I could have let the painted steps slide without comment.



But this?


What is this, some home made cement mojo mixed in the basement and applied with a spatula and spray gun?

You've some of my most favorite brick on your building - what I call incised brick (it's not, that's just my name for it. It was fired in a mold with ridges). I love the soldier bond used on the top and bottom of the porch!

You may have considered the subtle range of color to your bricks before painting the steps dismal gray. The colors resonate with nature and all that is Outside.

Added to Hoosier Contracting:

No comments: